Florida Repertory Theatre’s Education Department is committed to supporting and enriching the experiences of young artists. This scholarship will be awarded to one incoming college first year undergraduate student who will be majoring in theatre arts in order to assist them with their artistic aspirations.
The Florida Rep Education College Scholarship is a $500 award geared to helping support a graduating high school senior on their career path to a degree in theatre arts.
COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD REQUIREMENTS
· 3.0 overall high school GPA
· Applicant must be a graduating senior in High School going into their first year of college
· Applicant must have participated in at least one Florida Rep Education class, camp or conservatory production
· Applicant must be pursuing a BA or BFA degree in Theatre Arts (Performing or Technical Theatre)
· Send a resume with theatrical experience included
· Send a one to two page essay addressing the following questions: How would this scholarship benefit you on your career path in theatre arts? Why have you selected theatre as a potential career? What are your college and career goals for the next five years?
· Complete the application form found in the link provided on this page
· Submit TWO Letters of Reference detailing why you would be the best applicant for the Florida Repertory Theatre Scholarship Award. One of the two letters must be from someone who has supervised you in a production or theatre class
Deadline is March 11, 2019.
Please note: If an application is incomplete or does not follow the criteria listed here, the application will not be considered valid.
Applications may be sent to Education Director Kody C. Jones at email@example.com.