Education Scholarships are aimed towards students who want to participate in Florida Rep Education programs (camps, classes, conservatory) and who demonstrate financial need.
Florida Rep Education is delighted to announce this year’s re-opening of its scholarship award dedicated to helping graduating high school seniors pursue theater arts at the college level.
The Florida Repertory Theatre Scholarship is a $500 award given to one winning graduating high school senior who has been involved with Florida Rep’s education programs and has plans to pursue an undergraduate degree in theatre. The application process asks interested students to tell us about their past experiences, current artistic aspirations, and why they chose theatre as a potential career.
*Scroll down for programming scholarships
Application deadline is March 12th, 2023
The Florida Rep Education College Scholarship is a $500 award geared to helping support a graduating high school senior on their career path to a degree in theatre arts.
The College Scholarship is meant for qualified graduating high school seniors who are interested in pursuing theatre as a career. The Florida Rep Education College Scholarship is a $500 award geared to helping support a graduating high school senior on their career path to a degree in theatre arts.
Florida Repertory Theatre’s Education Department is committed to supporting and enriching the experiences of young artists.
COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD REQUIREMENTS
· 3.0 overall high school GPA
· Applicant must be a graduating senior in High School going into their first year of college
· Applicant must have participated in at least one Florida Rep Education class, camp or conservatory production
· Applicant must be pursuing a BA or BFA degree in Theatre Arts (Performing or Technical Theatre)
· Send a resume with theatrical experience included
· Send a one to two page essay addressing the following questions: How would this scholarship benefit you on your career path in theatre arts? Why have you selected theatre as a potential career? What are your college and career goals for the next five years?
· Submit TWO Letters of Reference detailing why you would be the best applicant for the Florida Repertory Theatre Scholarship Award. One of the two letters must be from someone who has supervised you in a production or theatre class.
* Scroll down for programming scholarships
Please note: If an application is incomplete or does not follow the criteria listed here, the application will not be considered valid.
Applications may be sent to Education Director Monique Caldwell at firstname.lastname@example.org